[asterisk-tech] QoS benefits of an ITSP?

Jens von Bülow jens at nha.co.za
Thu Mar 4 16:42:57 SAST 2010

>> Yasser if you do a iax2 show registry and see 400 you will never have good calls.

>> I would max 150 - 200. So I guess the issue is your connection.

To steal Steve's words...I don't know if I agree with you.

I know that there are people running IAX2 over VSAT connections.

That means a minimum round trip time of around 700msec.

The problem is not Round Trip Time (or latency), the problem is available and reliable bandwidth and change in the latency (i.e. jitter)