[asterisk-tech] Post Installation E1 configuration

Jason Penton jason at openvoice.co.za
Thu Jun 29 09:36:06 SAST 2006

Hi David

Set your switchtype to euroisdn!

HTH
Cheers
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: tech-bounces at asterisk.org.za [mailto:tech-bounces at asterisk.org.za] On
Behalf Of David Kiania | Asentric Consulting Ltd
Sent: 29 June 2006 09:34 AM
To: Asterisk Tech
Subject: [asterisk-tech] Post Installation E1 configuration

Hi,

I am a keen follower of your list am based in Kenya and need your
help. I have installed an E1 from Telkom Kenya, and I have it up and
running sort off I have 2 issues. Once I get the E1 up and running, I
can not call the number when I do I get a fast busy tone. Can anyone
give me pointers on what I need to do, what additional configuration
do I need to add. my snip zaptel.conf and zapata.conf are below.

zapata.conf

[channels]
context=from-pstn
usecallerid=yes
immediate=no
callerid=asreceived

switchtype=5ess
signalling=pri_cpe
group=2
context=from-pstn
channel => 32-46,48-62

signalling=5ess
group=3
context=fromtaide
channel => 63-77,79-93

switchtype=5ess
signalling=pri_cpe
group=4
context=from-pstn
channel => 94-108,110-124

zaptel.conf

#span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
#bchan=1-15
#dchan=16
#bchan=17-31
#alaw=1-15
#alaw=17-31

# BankChannel
span=2,1,0,cas,hdb3 #,crc4
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47
alaw=32-46
alaw=48-62

#Audiocodes
span=3,1,0,cas,hdb3,crc4
bchan=63-77,79-93
dchan=78
alaw=63-77
alaw=79-93

span=4,1,0,cas,hdb3
bchan=94-108,110-124
dchan=109
alaw=94-108
alaw=110-124

defaultzone=uk
loadzone=uk

Please help in anyway you can, thank you.

Best Regards

David Kiania