[asterisk-tech] pickup call

Shaun Rampersad shaun147 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 22:38:18 SAST 2006

On 6/28/06, Steve Davies <steve at connection-telecom.com> wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2006, at 22:17, Shaun Rampersad wrote:
>
> > anyone know how to config A at H to be able to pickup a ringing extension
> > from another extension? Is this set by default or do I have to add
> > some stuff to the conf files?
>

> The pickup is set as "*8".
>
> But the problem is that when you create extensions in A at H, the pickup-
> group related stuff isn't set.  So you need to go to each extension
> and set the callgroup and pickupgroups for each one.  In a small
> setup just set them all to 1.  Then. when you hear a ringing phone,
> just pickup yours and dial *8.
Hi steve

The sip_additional.conf shows the following
[101]
username=101
type=friend
secret=101
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=no
port=5060
pickupgroup=1000
nat=never
mailbox=101 at device
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callgroup=1000
callerid=Kevin <101>
accountcode=101

There are 3 other extensions setup like this via AMP. It shows it had
a pickup and callgroup but I'm using 1000 here. Would that make a
difference? When I dial *8 it just gets the engadged tone.

Shaun