[asterisk-tech] Price of Implementation

HILL David David.Hill at alcatel.co.za
Mon Jun 19 16:34:42 SAST 2006

We have many sites with 2 x 4 port Sirrix ISDN BRI cards and Digium Analog
cards in the same system and they work just fine! Sirrix has a dedicated
device driver and channel driver for Asterisk as well as a voice processor
on the card to cope with the load. The Sirrix cards link together via a
dedicated bus (on the card using an IDE cable to link them, timing and
synchronization runs over this bus). These cards are more expensive than
hacking together a couple of ISDN modems and using a generic channel driver,
but the significantly better voice quality and lack of unhappy users are
more than compensation.

Once again Rob is the pricing dude.