[asterisk-tech] zaphfc and tdm2400p

HILL David David.Hill at alcatel.co.za
Mon Jun 5 12:47:57 SAST 2006

Check /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel out. This runs ztcfg automatically after each
Digium module. If you have more than one type of Digium card then you need
to modify this to not run ztcfg until the last module is loaded. Just delete
the && /sbin/ztcfg on each module you are loading except the last one.

Also note that Telkom's impedence model is a 900Ohm complex that is sort of
ETSI compliant. The Digium analog cards (wctdm module) default to FCC mode
(that is 600Ohm) and you get a hell of an echo on every call. To fix this
simply put the following line into /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel (at the top):

options wctdm opermode=SOUTHAFRICA

Mark, in pre 1.2.x Asterisk you need to use TBR21 mode (ETSI standard
900Ohm) instead:

options wcfxs opermode=TBR21